Digital Uplift’s Tips and Tricks to Triple your Traffic
15 things you can do to drive more traffic to your website.
- 1 in 6 searches are brand new – it’s a fact that every 6th search on Google has never been performed before. Amazing I know! But with that in mind don’t be afraid of longer tail key words and phrases, they really can help you drive untapped traffic, ignored by your competitors.
- Keywords – Choose the key words you want to target, those key phrases you know your target audience will be typing into Google, Yahoo and Bing to find your products and services. Make sure you do your research though and get specific. If you have a local business make sure you are including location names. Use Google’s Adwords Keyword Tool to suggest key words and phrases, plus you can see the sort of search volume each key word gets. https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
- Use it or lose it – Now you have identified your key words, use them. Having those words throughout the text in your site will help search engines identify you and present you as an option for the right searches.
- Headline news – much like the headlines in newspapers make a huge difference to their sales, the headline, title and URL of your pages will make a huge difference to yours. This makes it very clear to search engines and those viewing search results, what your website is all about.
- Use social media – setting up social media pages for your company is no brainer, it’s free, and let’s face it that is where people reside online. Plus they can provide natural links back to your site which the search engines love.
- Free Stuff – people love a bargain and better still they love things for free. There are few quicker ways to see and uplift in traffic than giving things away people want. Combining this with social media is tried and tested method of building buzz around your brand.
- Don’t dilute domains – having both a .com and .co.uk can seriously dilute you search authority as the search engines can treat them as separate websites. The same too can be said for subdomains of www. and non www.
- Use video – Youtube is the second largest search engine receiving 180% more searches than Bing! It also has the advantage of getting your message across in a quick and entertaining way. See what you think
- Partnerships – Consider other organisations with offerings which might complement yours. You can easily offer recommendations, exchange links and traffic from each other’s sites.
- Start a blog – it’s a nice way to get information out about your organisation, products and services and search engines like to see a lot of ever changing content. Over time this is a sure fire way to digitally uplift your traffic.
- Be helpful – linking to helpful resources is something the search engines like but also your readers will like you for it too.
- The squeaky wheel gets the grease – the more noise you make about your company the better, of course keep it relevant but placing your PR all over the web and, not forgetting your social media pages, will get more interest from search engines and potential customers.
- To err is human – people make mistakes, so don’t forget this when choosing keywords, obvious misspellings of words can be a good way of capturing added traffic.
- Links – very important in your ability to rank is having links to your site. The big search engines look at links from other sites as a sign of quality and trust.
- Be a know it all – offer ‘how to guides’ and top 10 lists (or 15 Top Tips) to provide advice but also these can often be shared and passed on to others. Feel free to share thisJ.
Digital Uplift specialises in online customer acquisition, helping organisations drive and engage highly targeted traffic. Digital Uplift has developed a go-to-market strategy which enables businesses to benefit from the lowest prices in the industry. Consequently we are able to deliver top quality, full service agency work for lower than small agency prices.